- I started training my replacement today and can I just say that I feel like the clouds have parted and the angels have sung – because she is 100% awesome. I feel so much less stressed now. Not that I ever thought she wasn’t going to do a great job (I was part of her interview team and loved her!), but because I had placed a lot of pressure on myself to train her perfectly. Training was certainly beyond perfect today, but you know what? She’ll be fine. She’s intelligent and seems like a very fast learner. These next three days will not be so bad after all.
- Leaving my job Friday will be the first time in my adult life that I am not working full-time. Even between jobs, I’ve always quit on a Friday and started my new position that Monday. It’s going to be extremely strange. I’ll need to think about how to structure my days so I don’t end up going completely batty or sleeping the day away.
- I won a drawing at my favorite coffeeshop, Buzz Bakery in Ballston! The prize: fresh pastries and a box of hot coffee to bring to work. I told them that I didn’t have a job after Friday – would it still be okay to enter the drawing? They assured me it was fine. I can even eat all the pastries myself (and drink all the coffee? vomit) and they would never tell anyone. Amazing. I’m thinking this will be fun to surprise my co-workers with on Thursday.
- I started knitting this for myself in a gorgeous buttercup-like shade of yellow, and I really wish I hadn’t – because now all I want to do is work on it. I’m not even done with my orange wedding shawl yet. Eeks!
- This! Book! Came! Out! Today! I WANT TO READ IT SO BAAAD.